Eating Disorder Retreats
Nutritional Health Systems retreats, offered in Newtown Square, PA and Center City of Philadelphia, provide a combination of therapeutic support and real life experiences to assist those with eating disorders with accelerating their recovery process. The staff consists of highly experienced professionals in the field of eating disorders. Therapists, Art Therapists, Dietitians and Yoga Instructors assist clients with interrupting symptoms, overcoming eating disordered fears, and developing a sense of self.
Nutritional Health Systems offers retreats for eating disorders as supplements to current treatment. They allow time to focus on the self and specific eating disordered behaviors and thoughts that are obstacles to recovery. Retreats offer an opportunity to challenge the eating disorder in a supportive, true-to-life environment and provide a jumpstart further into recovery from the eating disorder. Retreats assist with facilitating positive change in life, overcoming fears related to the eating disorder, and attaining life skills necessary for recovery.
- Meals and snacks in a supportive environment
- Individual consultations with experienced eating disorder clinicians
- Group therapy, nutrition therapy
- Guest speakers
- Yoga, hiking, and other activities
- An opportunity to practice life skills for recovery (food shopping, meal planning, meal preparation)
- Cooking, take out, and restaurant experiences
Retreat Goals and Outcomes:
- Improve motivation and focus
- Clarity of goals for recovery
- Challenge negative eating disordered belief system
- Break unhealthy eating disordered behaviors and habits
- Attain life skills for recovery